Get the chance to be one of the first employees and help shape the future of the company. We’re a startup building the best pro portfolio management platform. With Octav, get comprehensive and accurate portfolio data to better understand your financial situation, trade with all the proper information you need, optimize your portfolio for taxation purposes and much more.
Meet the Octav founders: Mathieu Baril and Luc Blackburn.
We are backed by 0xMaki, DCF God, Block Enthusiast, 0xChop and other top tier investors. Our values are ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Working at Octav
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer in DeFi with a passion for entrepreneurship, passion about DeFi, and data analytic. As one of the first employees, you will have the power to decide how to shape the product. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away. We are 100% remote and we are always making sure to use the latest state of the art tools. It is up to you to make an impact.
What you will work on
- Build user flows across both web and backend
- Collaborate with the entire team to define, prioritize, and build Web3 features
- Develop Node.JS / NextJS / React and PostgreSQL for the front-end and back-end applications
- Develop unit and integration tests for core business logic
- Participate in designing the architecture for new functionality and products
- Have at least 4 years of experience
- 2+ years of experience with React.js
- 2+ years of experience in Typescript and Node
- Experience working with node providers (Infura, Alchemy and Archive node)
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- You anticipate the state and the impact of the code when it will be executed.
- Participate in the analysis and evaluation of technical needs: participate in design reviews (UI & UX), identify and justify technical debt, estimate efforts and anticipate risks
- Discuss and suggest improvements to the development process, code convention, and best practices across the engineering team
- Web3 experience a plus
Culture fit requirements
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, give and take feedback
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Owner and entrepreneurship mentality
Tips for successful application
- This is not for someone who is just looking for “a job”
- Jump in Discord and ask us some questions
- We don’t care much about your credentials, we value experience and mindset.
- Show us your latest project and how this could fit with Octav