Chorus One is the largest cryptocurrency staking provider in Europe securing billions in assets and operating nodes on more than 25 Proof of Stake networks such as Solana, Ethereum, Cosmos, and others. We also research, design, and build liquid staking and interoperability solutions to enable a richer inter-blockchain ecosystem.
We are a community of ambitious, self-reflective people building core infrastructure for blockchain protocols. At Chorus One we’re motivated by the conviction of choice and freedom that blockchain networks can bring on a global level, and want to contribute to this continuous development, come join us!
At Chorus One we empower people to do their best work and make our greatest contribution as an organization.
We are seeking a Platforms Engineer to maintain and scale our staking infrastructure. Security and reliability are key to everything we do. This position is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team on cutting-edge blockchain networks and financial services around cryptocurrency.
As a Platform Engineer, you must be able to work in an ambiguous environment with an optimistic attitude, that can easily (and happily) wear many hats. You are able to uphold our company’s principles and values while adding to our unique culture. As a member of our Team, you will broadly be responsible for working collaboratively with team members and partners across projects. Leading with intellectual curiosity with a high standard of excellence as well as ensuring best practice across development, testing, and security.
- Maintain, scale and monitor existing infrastructure, including bare metal servers, cloud machines, and a Kubernetes cluster, to allow Chorus One to provide secure and reliable industry-leading Proof-of-Stake validation services.
- Institute monitoring and alerting systems for infrastructure. Enable other team members to attend to and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Take all steps required to ensure maximum availability and uptime of maintained blockchain networks. This includes routine and emergent application updates, monitoring of systems, timely response to alerts and on-call phone calls, as well as rapid response to mitigate site outages.
- Develop software related to blockchain data extraction or interchain communication, on an as-needed basis.
- Reason about and improve the security properties of infrastructure. Secure key management, server hardening, and intrusion detection are important themes.
What we are looking for
- Strong Linux skills, including a deep understanding of the kernel and userspace.
- Strong networking skills, including a deep understanding of routing, forwarding, and load-balancing.
- Has prior experience with a range of orchestration and configuration management tools. We use Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform and Salt.
- Is able to develop tooling, and monitoring solutions where none exist and can debug unreliable software - many of the projects we run are of alpha quality.
- Possesses good knowledge of security as it relates to bare metal and cloud-based infrastructure.
- We expect candidates to know one programming language, in addition to Bash. Popularly used languages in Chorus One are Python, Golang, and Rust.
- Is able to work independently, with a high level of ambiguity and undefined requirements.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or related subject is a plus, but not strictly needed.
- You are able to work the following timezone: Switzerland +/- 6 hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- Autonomy and ownership in a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and equity options available
- All-expense paid quarterly team retreats at various destinations (Coronavirus permitting). Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA, South Korea and Dubai.
- Remote, but not alone. We are a strong global collaborative environment.
- Remote working budget (Laptop, co-working space, etc)
- Personal development budget
- Gather experience and build your network in the vibrant crypto ecosystem.
- Learn about state-of-the-art protocols that lay the foundation for an open, transparent, and programmable financial system.
Chorus One is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We are a community of ambitious, self-reflective people building core infrastructure for blockchain protocols. At Chorus One we’re motivated by the conviction of choice and freedom for token holders and users of blockchain networks, and want to do something about it, come join us!